etroit and Cleveland optioned the 26th player

Talk on topics related to traveling in here. Plane, train and automobile discussions are all welcome! Share your favorite get away from Edmonton spot with us!

etroit and Cleveland optioned the 26th player

Postby lw789 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:31 am

INAWASHIRO, Japan -- Canadian moguls skier Mikael Kingsbury says he always sets his sights on a podium finish. And lately, hes been getting a lot of them. After winning bronze at a World Cup event on Saturday, the reigning Olympic silver medallist capped off his weekend in Japan with gold in dual moguls on Sunday. "Yesterday I wasnt disappointed, but I made an uncharacteristic mistake. Today I felt very good," Kingsbury said. "I really wanted to win and I focused on the stuff I was doing well. I didnt have my best training this morning so I had to refocus and managed to get the win." Kingsbury, of Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, Que., outperformed Japans Sho Endo in his final run. Montreals Pascal-Olivier Gagne took bronze for his first World Cup podium finish. The 24-year-old Gagne, who was ousted by Kingsbury in the semifinal, said that simply cracking the semis was a huge step for him, but winning bronze and sharing his first podium with Kingsbury and Sho was even better. "I was already assured of fourth place so it didnt even matter what happened after, I was just so happy to be there," he said. "I went to see Mik before the dual and took him in my arms because I knew it was my best result ever. "To share the podium with him, hes the most consistent skier Ive seen and Sho, hes one of the best right now, so to share the podium with both these guys really means a lot to me." Gagne got off to a slow start this season, making only one final in his first six events. While his Canadian teammates were winning medals in Sochi, Gagne had to go back to the NorAm circuit to earn a spot in this weekends World Cup event in Japan. He placed seventh in singles and second in dual moguls at Apex Mountain Resort outside of Penticton, B.C. on Feb. 15 and 16, respectively. Gagne says winning his first World Cup medal on the tough Japanese course made his victory even sweeter. "To finally have my first podium ever, and to have it here in Inawashiro means a lot to me," he said. "Its one of the courses thats the most difficult in the world. Its the course I always looked up to when I was young watching my idols. Its really a fight every time to ski here so Im really happy I made my first podium here." Quebec Citys Philippe Marquis was fourth, Montreals Marc-Antoine Gagnon placed fifth after being knocked out in the quarter-finals by Kingsbury, and two-time Olympic gold medallist Alex Bilodeau of Rosemere, Que., was ninth. In dual moguls, two skiers race down a course against each other, with the top score awarded to the athlete who performs the best tricks in the quickest time. Kingsbury admitted that having to ski against a fellow Canadian isnt exactly ideal. "For sure I dont want to face them in duals because its not fun to have to go up against your teammate," he said. "But when were in the gate, its like theyre from another country. Im not going to ski differently because theyre my friend. We push even harder almost when we are going against our own teammates, but we had a lot of fun today." On the womens side, Hannah Kearney of the United States won gold, followed by Elena Muratova of Russia and Japans Junko Hoshino. Montreals Maxime Dufour-Lapointe, who won bronze in the womens singles event Saturday, placed fifth. Her sister and reigning Olympic gold medallist Justine Dufour-Lapointe, finished ninth after taking first place on Saturday. Garrett Celek Jersey . JOHNS, N. Dontae Johnson Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Packers by 3RECORD VS. SPREAD — New England 7-4, Green Bay 5-5-1SERIES RECORD — Tied 5-5. http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/You ... rs-Jersey/. Miralem Pjanic dribbled through the defence to score an extraordinary goal in the 43rd minute at the Stadio Olimpico and Gervinho added another from a rebound in the 65th for Romas ninth straight victory — ending Milans five-match winning streak. Cornellius Carradine Jersey . The 41-year-old Northern Irishman has proved a perfect fit at Liverpool since taking over from Kenny Dalglish in the summer of 2012 and steered the team to an unexpected title challenge in the Premier League last season. San Francisco 49ers Jerseys . Head coach Randy Carlyle confirmed the news after the Leafs morning skate on Monday. Kozun was hurt during Friday nights home game against the Red Wings and did not make the return trip to Detroit for Saturdays game.DETROIT -- Drew Smyly acknowledged thinking about the possibility of throwing a no-hitter. When Yan Gomes broke up his bid with a two-out double in the fifth, Smyly shifted his focus to simply winning the game to help his team end a skid. Smyly allowed four hits and matched his career high by pitching seven innings, and the Detroit Tigers beat the Cleveland Indians 5-1 Sunday to avoid avoided a four-game sweep. Smyly (6-8) noticed after two innings that he had held the Indians hitless. "If any pitcher says they dont notice it, theyre lying," he said. "You think about it." The left-hander ended up allowing only one run -- on Gomes seventh-inning homer -- walked two and struck out six. "They didnt see a lot of the same pitches back to back," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Joba Chamberlain walked two in the eighth, and Joe Nathan pitched a perfect ninth in a non-save situation. The AL Central-leading Tigers (54-41) stopped a four-game losing streak and increased their lead over Cleveland to 5 1-2 games. "Its huge to come and get the win to end that little streak," Smyly said. "But thats baseball, youre going to go on a lot of hot streaks, youre going to go on some cold streaks and you just try to weather the storm." Josh Tomlin (5-7) allowed four runs, six hits and a walk over 4 1-3 innings. Cleveland (50-48) had reached a season-high three games over .500 by winning four in a row. "It was a great series for us," Tomlin said. "Took three games from them, but I came up short." Detroit gave Smyly some support offensively, scoring two runs in the first and two more on Torii Hunters drive deep into the left-field seats in fourth. Austin Jackson led off the first with a double and scored on Ian Kinslers single. Kinssler came home on Victor Martinezs sacrifice fly.dddddddddddd Indians relievers C.C. Lee and Kyle Crockett stranded a total of five runners by combining to strike out the last two batters in the fifth and the sixth. Cleveland manager Terry Francona was pleased with his pitchers performances against Miguel Cabrera, who went 0 for 4, and Victor Martinez, who was 3 of 15 over the four-game series. "Those guys in the middle are pretty special," Francona said. "And, I thought we did a good job against them." Nick Castellanos hit an RBI double for a four-run lead in the eighth inning, taking some pressure off Nathan, who was greeted by the fans with a mix of cheers and boos after giving up a game-losing hit in Saturday nights loss. "I dont think it hurt that he got back out there," Ausmus said. NOTES: Tigers RHP Justin Verlander (8-8, 4.88) is to face Arizona LHP Vidal Nuno (0-1, 3.00) when Detroit begins a seven-game trip that continues against the Los Angeles Angels. ... Martinez played first base, giving Cabrera a day of relative rest as a designated hitter, and may play there while Cabrera moves to third for a game or two against the Diamondbacks. ... The Indians will stay on the road, expecting to put called-up LHP T.J. House (1-2, 4.40) on the mound against LHP Kris Johnson (0-1, 5.40) Monday night and called-up RHP Danny Salazar on Tuesday night at Minnesota. ... Detroit and Cleveland optioned the 26th players they had for Saturdays doubleheader, sending RHP Drew VerHagen to Triple-A Toledo and RHP Zach McAllister to Triple-A Columbus. ... Tigers owner Mike Ilitch attended the game on his 85th birthday. ... The Indians had won a season-best five straight on the road. ... Cleveland had won a season-best five straight on the road. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
lw789

Users Information

Return to Travel